Saturday, August 7, 2010

Alvin dives from a different perspective.

While I can not attest to the excitement of an Alvin dive first hand, I can report on how the experience has effected my friends. Ron is on his first dive as I type, and Ashley took her journey a few days ago. As you have read in Ashley's report she was going through a range of emotions. This showed very much on her face and through her disposition. At any one time I could see excitement, fear and a bit of uncertainty. When the morning of the dive arrived, she had a distant look on her face. It seemed as though she was any place but on the ship. Perhaps it was caused by the seemingly endless lab work, but her mind was not on the ship.

As the sub disappeared beneath the waves my thoughts were divided between Ashley and the work to be done before her return.

Cheers,
Zack 

No comments:

Post a Comment